sun rise panorama view from Nagarkot
"Hike more. Worry less."
about this trek
The Chisapani & Nagarkot sunrise trek is a short and easy trek, suitable for families and beginners in trekking. You'll hike for 3 days in the hills north of Kathmandu where you'll experience local Nepali villages with their cultures. Most of the inhabitants are indigenous people of Nepal called the 'Tamang'.
The trail passes through typical Tamang villages surrounded by Rhododendron and pine forests. Once in Nagarkot we go to the view tower so that we can watch the wonderful sunrise and sunset. And along the way we'll observe the Changunarayan temple which is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site.
alternative trekking route
If you're curious about the Buddhist culture, you might be interested in the Helambu trek. On this route we follow a similar 5-day trekking route and trek along beautiful Buddhist monasteries.
[tabby title="in a nutshell"]
day 01 | Arrival at Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1345m) - hotel.
day 02 | Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani 4/5 hrs - mountain lodge.
day 03 | Trek to Nagarkot (2200m) - mountain lodge.
day 04 | Trek to Changunarayan and drive back to Kathmandu for farewell dinner with a Nepali culture program - hotel.
day 05 | Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
Note: it is possible to combine your trekking with other activities such as white water rafting and wildlife safari. The itinerary can be customised according to your wishes and the duration of your stay in Nepal.
[tabby title="more details"]
- airport transfer and drop off
- trekking permit
- private van drop off and pick up on trek
- experienced, English speaking mountain guide
- government taxes, VAT and tourist service charges
- accommodation during your trekking
- breakfast, lunch and dinner during your trekking
- accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights )
cost does not include
- Nepal entry visa
- Nepal airport and airfare departure tax
- travel health insurance
- meals in Kathmandu
- alcohol, hot and cold drinks
- trekking equipment
- tips for trekking staff and drivers
- all other expenses that are not mentioned below 'cost includes'
for answers & bookings
share this with your fellow traveler