off to stunning Gokyo Valley
"And I think to myself, what a wonderful world."
guide & porter
about the route
Everest Basecamp too busy? Then try this nice alternative route nearby. It leads you to the west side of the Everest to the village of Gokyo and five sacred lakes beside the Ngozumpa glacier.
Along this trek you'll have splendid views of the rural Gokyo Valley, the turquoise Gokyo Lakes as well as the white glaciers and awe-inspiring Himalayan peaks. The mountains you get to pass by along the way are:
- Lhotse (8516m)
- Makalu (8481m)
- Cho Oyu (8201m)
- Nuptse (7879m)
- Pumori (7161m)
- Ama Dablam (6856m)
- Kantega (6809m)
- Kwangde (6194m)
- and of course Mount Everest (8848m)
[tabby title="in a nutshell"]
day 01 | Pre-trip meeting.
day 02 | Flight to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804m) and trek to Phakding (2610m) - 3/4 hrs.
day 03 | Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441m) - 6 hrs.
day 04 | Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar.
day 05 | Trek to Phorste Thanga (3680m) - 5 hrs.
day 06 | Trek to Machherma (4470m) - 5 hrs.
day 07 | Trek to Gokyo (4790m) - 6 hrs.
day 08 | Trek to Gokyo Ri (5483m) and back to Gokyo - 5 hrs.
day 09 | Trek to Dole (4200m) - 6 hrs.
day 10 | Trek to Namche Bazaar via Khumjung village (3780m) - 5 hrs.
day 11 | Trek to Lukla (2804m) - 6 hrs.
day 12 | Morning flight to Kathmandu.
Note: it's possible to combine your trekking with other activities such as white water rafting and wildlife safari in the jungle. The itinerary can be customised according to your wishes and the duration of your stay in Nepal.
- airport transfer and drop off
- flight tickets KTM-LUA and LUA-KTM
- trekking permit
- EBC permit
- experienced, English speaking guide
- porter per two persons
- government taxes, VAT and tourist service charges
- accommodation during your trekking
- breakfast, lunch and dinner during your trekking
cost does not include
- Nepal entry visa
- Nepal airport and airfare departure tax
- travel health insurance
- meals in Kathmandu
- alcohol, hot and cold drinks
- trekking equipment
- tips for trekking staff and drivers
- all other expenses that are not mentioned below 'cost includes'
for answers & bookings
share this with your fellow traveler